It's New Years Day.
Y'all know what that means.
It's time for the Spinster Chronicles New Year Resolutions!
They are sure to last
a few weeks or maybe just a day or two all year!
My only real resolutions for this year are to take better care of my health and to blog every day.
I love looking back on the crazy days of my life. I guess that's because I am a narcissist.
Also, blogging inspires me to have more adventures and live life a little more out of my comfort zone.
So, let's do this thing.
Blog every single day of 2013.
I am going to start 2013 off with 13 things that I would LIKE to accomplish but won't call resolutions because that is a sure fire way to ensure that they won't get done.
13. Get close to my goal weight. Or at least thin enough to hand out a lot of smug, heavy handed weight loss and life advice to everyone else. (which is what I've always wanted to do anyway)
12. Participate in a protest- I want to be more than just an American in name. I want to live my life by American ideals.
11. Have amazing birthdays for all of the kids. Whether they be big or small..just days that they will cherish
10. Support my sisters more. Whether it's just listening, sending care packages, or whatever..I want to help them achieve whatever goals they have for themselves this 2013.
9. Get my student loans consolidated and down to an under 300 dollar a month payment. Dang grad school..why did you have to be so expensive?? And why didn't ignoring my student loans make them go away?
8. Learn to walk in heels. NOT stilettos..I will never have the feet for stilettos. But I need to stop wearing squishy, little girl flats every day of my life.
7. Enjoy more of PA. I love it here..I love it, I love it, I love it. I think any faithful reader of the SC's knows of my obsession with PA. But this year I want to get out and see more of this state that I love. Philadelphia, Lancaster, back to where I was born, Doylestown, just...everywhere. (except Pittsburgh... in fact, anything west of Harrisburg can break off and join Ohio)
6. Accomplish at least 5 things on my Bucket List. Like sleeping under the stars on Halloween. Or dancing all night. Or eating alone in a fancy restaurant. Something. This year I got 0 goals accomplished.
5. Finish Moby Dick. And other books on my 100 greatest books of all time list. I've finally broken my 20 year addiction to romance novels (thanks to gay romance novels and Jack growing his hair like Fabio..long story) and it's the perfect time to enrich my mind and life with good literature.
4. Get more in touch with my ancestry. My family knows alot actually. We even have a Hinsdale genealogy book. (More perks of Mormonism) Anyway, I need to learn this information for myself.
3. Give up TV (again) with the following exceptions: 2 weekly shows on Hulu (New Girl and Revenge) and Jeopardy.
2. Have a real life adventure. Something that takes me out of the routine of my life and is thrilling and unplanned and awesome.
1. Serve more. I haven't done enough service over the last decade and I can feel it's loss. Service builds me up so much. I need to do something daily to maintain positive mental health.
Wow..this is a super self indulgent list. And I don't even have pictures to liven it up. Oh well.
Ok, we've got 364 days to see how this all ends up. Wish me luck!!